Lenise Krebs
Last week as I was preparing for my grade 4 and 5 class mid-week activity. I wanted to reinforce a theme that I had been teaching for the past month with these young ladies…. After much thought, I went to Michael’s Craft store (my favourite) and picked up nine plain clay pots.

2 Corinthians 4:7-18 (The Message) states: “If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives.”

I placed each pot in place and had the girls sit down… then began to explain to the girls that we are precious and they have been uniquely made, shaped, moulded, and designed by a Loving God!
We all know that clay pots are not much to look at! Unless we do something with this plain pot it will be just that.
I then explained that God wants to fill our lives with beauty, colour, talent, creativity, and all things that are lovely.

Psalm 139:14 …” I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

To illustrate this… I gave the girls paper napkins decorated, designed, filled with colour and flowers…they then mixed ‘modge podge’ and soaked the napkins in glue and began to apply colour and beauty to their plain clay pots. It was heart warming to see these girls put so much love and care into their plain clay pots…..carefully planning, positioning, shaping the flowers and pressing out any wrinkles. Making sure everything was in its perfect place!
It reminded me of how we have been designed and shaped by our loving God, and how He works daily on our lives reshaping, replenishing, and reviving. How so deeply God cares about each of us… even the smallest details of our lives……it was a beautiful moment. I reminded the girls that as each one of their pots are different and unique so they as young women of God….each with a special life to grow, cultivate, nurture, and enjoy!

Maybe you have been feeling a little plain, unloved, or just simply ordinary.... if so just remember that you are precious and the master potter is waiting to refill your life with beauty, colour, and spectacular design!!! Now sitting on the table.... are nine colourful and beautifully designed clay pots created by my grade 5 class!



1 Response
  1. Paul Says:

    I find it difficult to comprehend how Christians talk about hurt, pain etc and how God will take care of everything. For 25 years, there have been many times I have to sit and think about the harm, slander, gossip, lies and false legal proceedings a family member of mine went through. Harm that was caused by born again Christians. It took my family member 4 years and a great deal of money to finally be exonerated.

    But the whole truth was never heard publicly. Those responsible were never held accountable. They just continued with their lives, serving their Lord....as if nothing had ever happened. There are times I have even contemplated suicide. Depressed for what they did and depressed that while the devil was having his way, God turned his head and let those people continue their deeds against my family. 25 years ago, I lost faith in everything.

    The least you could do Lenise is tell your sister that she created a lot of long term harm. So did your father, so did Barry Lane. If you or your hubby are going to preach, preach about honesty. There are many close go you that do not know what honesty is.